Today was a busy day, studying for finals and getting ready to head home for work this summer.
I made pasta with lentils and tomato sauce for dinner and I decided to share it, it is super simple and such a cheap thing to make. I actually calculated the expenses and it was around 450kr! (3,46 dollars/ 2,27 pounds / 3 euros) That is not much for a meal that will leave you satisfied for the day/night!
For two: (or one if you’re hungry like me)
- 200gr of whole wheat pasta
- One jar of pasta sauce (I used an icelandic one)
- 100gr of red lentils (laid in water for 10 hours)
- Rinse the lentils with water and put them in a pot with new water and bring to boil.
- Boil the lintils for about 3 minutes.
- Boil the pasta.
- Rinse the lentils again and put back in the pot.
- Heat up your pasta sauce in the lentil pot.
- Bring the sauce to boil and let simmer until the pasta is ready.
- Rinse the pasta and mix with your sauce.
- Serve with basil and pepper.
Macros for the whole batch* (calculated with myfitnesspal):
So as you can see this will keep you full and energized for a long time and who says vegans don’t get enough protein??
* I had two cups of pasta but you might only want one which will lower the cals to 310 etc.